We’re sharing a special valentine’s day treat this year. Our Chipotle Mocha Rub will add a little something special to your adventures in the kitchen. Coffee and chocolate mingle with cinnamon, chipotle and cumin in this subtly spicy and slightly sweet blend. No funky preservatives, sweeteners, or salt have been added, so rest assured that all you’re getting here is FLAVOR! Try it out as a rub on your favorite chicken, beef or pork dishes. Vegetarians will love this tossed with wedges of sweet potato and then roasted to perfection.
Our 2 favorite ways to use this blend are listed below. Enjoy!
// Baked Chicken Wings with Chipotle Mocha Rub //
- Start with 1 lb of chicken wings (tips removed). Thoroughly dry the wings using a paper towel, and place in a large bowl. Season generously with salt.
- Sprinkle the chicken with 1 tablespoon of the Chipotle Mocha Rub, and drizzle with olive oil. Use your hands to rub the spices in to the chicken pieces, being sure they are evenly coated with oil and spices.
- Place a baking rack on top of a foil lined baking sheet. Put the wings directly onto the rack in a single layer. (We like to start them with the thickest part of the skin facing up.)
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, then flip and bake another 10 minutes.
- For the final step, flip the pieces one more time, and then broil on LOW for 10 minutes or until crispy. Let cool slightly before serving.
// Chipotle Mocha Seared Steaks //
- Heat a medium or large skillet over high heat. (This is a great use for a cast iron skillet if you have one…or try it on your outdoor grill!)
- Pat your steak dry with a paper towel. Season both sides of steak with salt & pepper and the Chipotle Mocha Rub. (We use about 1 tablespoon of rub for each 1/2 pound of steak.) Pat the spices into the steak and then drizzle with a little olive oil. Give the steak a final rub to evenly coat with the oil and spices.
- When the skillet is hot, cook the steak 3-5 minutes per side for medium-rare. You should see a nice crust on both sides. Transfer to cutting board, tent with foil, and rest at least 5-10 minutes before slicing and enjoying!