Contents of your meal kit:
curried spice blend
Cookware needed: 2 mixing bowls, outdoor grill (see note), medium or large skillet with lid
- To prevent burning, soak skewers in cold water, at least 15 minutes.
- Finely chop mint. Combine with kabob marinade in a mixing bowl.
- Thinly slice beef ACROSS the grain and toss with the marinade. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to high heat. (see note)
- Break cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Add cauliflower, onion, and just enough water to cover the bottom of the skillet. Cover, turn heat to high and steam about 2-3 minutes. Once the water has mostly evaporated, uncover, add a drizzle of oil, curried spice blend, and season with salt & pepper. Reducing heat as necessary, cook another 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are cooked to your liking. Transfer to a bowl.
- Chop mango into bite-sized pieces. Roughly chop cilantro leaves and stems. Add to bowl with cauliflower along with spinach, a squeeze of lime, salt & pepper. Toss to combine.
- Once meat has marinated for at least 10 minutes, thread beef onto skewers. When grill is hot, cook for about 3-4 minutes per side or until done to your liking.
- Serve kabobs and salad separately or remove meat from skewer and place on top of curried cauliflower & mango.
- If you have extra time, you can marinate the beef for up to 30 minutes.
- A grill pan, skillet, or your oven’s broiler can be used instead of an outdoor grill. Cooking times may vary.
- If desired, this entire meal could be made on the grill – by cooking onions and cauliflower in a foil packet placed directly on the hot grill.