Contents of your meal kit:
carrot & onion mix
red wine vinaigrette base
Equipment needed: medium or large saucepan with lid, salad bowl
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a medium or large saucepan over medium heat. Add butternut squash and carrot & onion mix. Sauté 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add spice mix to the saucepan and sauté an additional 30 seconds or so. Season with a little salt & pepper.
- Add tomatoes to the saucepan, stir frequently and cook until tomatoes have softened and no longer have shape, about 5 minutes. Add water (see note).
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, cover and cook 15 minutes or until squash is completely tender. Season with additional salt & pepper to taste if needed.
- Pour vinaigrette base into the bottom of your salad bowl and add an equal amount of oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. If this looks like too much dressing, remove some before adding the greens. Season with salt & pepper and gently toss to combine.
Notes: When recipe calls for water use 1 cup for 2 portions, 2 cups for 4 portions and 3 cups for 6 portions