Contents of your meal kit:
tabasco vinaigrette base
Cookware needed: 2 mixing bowls, 2 nonstick skillets (see note)
- Blot shrimp with a paper towel to dry. In one mixing bowl, toss shrimp with creole seasoning, salt & pepper.
- Pour tabasco vinaigrette base into the bottom of a second mixing bowl and add an equal amount of olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine.
- Heat brown rice in the microwave for 30 seconds or so, to take the chill off.
- Rinse and drain beans, then combine in the mixing bowl with tabasco vinaigrette, rice, and veggie blend. Toss gently and season with salt & pepper to taste. Set aside at room temperature until ready to serve.
- Slice garlic as thinly as you can. Set aside.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot, add shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes per side or until shrimp are opaque and cooked through.
- While shrimp are cooking, place garlic in a cold nonstick skillet, and add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Heat oil until simmering over medium-high heat. Add spinach and toss quickly in pan until just wilted. Remove from heat and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Enjoy cajun shrimp with red beans & rice and garlic spinach on the side.
Note: If you’re looking to minimize the dishes here…you can use one skillet instead of two. Simply transfer shrimp to a plate after cooking and keep warm. Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel and use to cook the garlic spinach.