Contents of your meal kit:
citrus vinaigrette base
spiced coconut milk
Equipment needed: saucepan with lid, salad bowl, nonstick skillet
- Cut sweet potato into bite-sized chunks, place in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, cook for 8-10 minutes, or until fork tender, reducing heat as necessary.
- Meanwhile, cut open the tea bag and sprinkle tea, salt & pepper on both sides of chicken. Peel the clementine and divide into segments for the salad. Pour vinaigrette base into the bottom of your salad bowl and add an equal amount of olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. Set everything aside.
- When potatoes are tender, drain off water, and mash with a potato masher or a fork in the pan. Season with salt & pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. Stir to combine, cover to keep warm, and set aside.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a nonstick skillet over med-high heat. When skillet is hot, add chicken and cook 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Add spiced coconut milk and an equal amount of water to the same pan. Bring to a boil and reduce sauce slightly before removing from heat.
- To finish your salad, toss your greens and clementine segments gently with the dressing and season with salt & pepper.
- Slice chicken and divide between plates along with sweet potato mash. Top with coconut pan sauce. Enjoy salad on the side.
Notes: Who would have thought that tea straight from the bag would be so delicious on meat!?