Contents of your meal kit:
Cookware needed: 2 mixing bowls (one microwave-safe), oven-safe nonstick skillet (see note), salad bowl
- Heat a small amount of oil in the skillet over medium heat. Season both sides of chicken with salt & pepper. When oil is hot, add chicken to skillet and cook about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Transfer to plate and keep warm. Wipe skillet with a paper towel. Continue with next steps while chicken is cooking.
- Preheat your oven’s broiler. Slice the scallion, keeping white and green parts separate. Cut corn off of cob.
- Slice fingerling potatoes crosswise into ¼-inch slices. Place in microwave-safe bowl, with 2-3 tablespoons of water. Cover with plastic wrap, poke a few holes to let steam escape, and microwave 2-3 minutes or until tender, drain.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and season generously with salt & pepper. Whisk together, and then stir in shredded mozzarella cheese and green part of scallion.
- Heat a small amount of oil in the skillet over med-high heat. When hot, add steamed potatoes, corn, and white part of scallion. Sauté 3-5 minutes, until golden. Pour egg mixture into skillet, stir once to combine, and immediately transfer to oven. Cook under broiler until puffed and lightly brown (1-3 minutes). Insert a knife into the center to test for doneness. If your frittata is browning too much but not cooked through, cover with foil and return to the broiler to continue cooking. Slide onto a plate, or let cool slightly to slice and serve directly from skillet.
- Pour vinaigrette base into the bottom of a salad bowl, add an equal amount of olive oil and whisk or mix with a fork to combine. If this looks like too much dressing, remove some before tossing with the greens. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Serve chicken and frittata with salad on the side.
Note: Choose a small skillet for 2 portions, medium for 4/6. Most skillets are oven safe for a brief amount of time. If yours has a plastic or rubber handle, wrap foil around it to protect.