Contents of your meal kit:
red bell pepper
white balsamic vinegar
Cookware needed: large baking sheet (foil-lined optional), medium or large skillet
- Preheat oven to 425. Cut sweet potato in half lengthwise, then into 1/2-inch slices. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer on one half of a large baking sheet, and arrange chicken on the other side of the baking sheet. (Use 2 sheets if needed) Toss each with olive oil, salt & pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, flip then roast an additional 10 minutes or until sweet potato is tender and golden brown and chicken is cooked through. If one is done before the other, simply remove from the baking sheet and keep warm. Continue with next steps while sweet potatoes & chicken are roasting.
- Using a damp paper towel, wipe mushrooms of any dirt, then trim stems and cut into quarters. Slice bell pepper.
- Toast pecans in dry skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent burning. When pecans are fragrant and slightly toasted, remove from heat and transfer to a cutting board.
- Once you flip the sweet potatoes, heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté mushrooms and rosemary sprig until mushrooms begin to soften and are slightly browned, about 3-4 minutes. Discard rosemary sprig and transfer mushrooms to cutting board with pecans.
- Return skillet to the burner over medium heat, add a little more oil if needed. Add sliced bell pepper to the skillet and season with salt & pepper. Sauté 3-4 minutes or until tender. When bell pepper is tender, add baby kale to the skillet and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Sauté about 1 minute or until wilted but still green. Drizzle with vinegar and toss to combine.
- Divide peppers & greens between bowls, and top with sweet potatoes and chicken. Roughly chop mushrooms & pecans, and combine with dates. Spoon on top of the sweet potatoes and chicken. Enjoy!