Contents of your meal kit:
spanish spice blend
chia seed binder
smoked paprika aioli
Equipment needed: baking sheet, shallow dish, medium to large nonstick skillet
- Preheat oven to 425. “Crack” the spanish spice blend using a mortar & pestle or place spices on a cutting board and crush using the bottom of a heavy skillet.
- Cut potatoes in half. On a baking sheet, toss potatoes with olive oil, cracked spices, salt & pepper. Once oven has heated, roast for 10 minutes, then toss, and roast another 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse kale thoroughly. Remove leaves from stem by holding the stem in one hand and pulling the leaves in the opposite direction. Cut leaves into 1-inch ribbons.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain chickpeas. In a shallow dish use a fork to roughly mash the chickpeas. Add enough of the chia seed binder to hold the mix together (you don’t want it to be too wet), form into small patties.
- After tossing the potatoes, heat a nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. When oil is hot, add chickpea patties in one layer (work in batches if necessary). Cook 2-5 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. If needed, add more oil to the pan, or reduce heat if they are browning too quickly.
- Divide chickpea patties between plates and wipe out skillet. Heat a small amount of oil in the same skillet over med-high heat. When oil is hot, add the kale and season with salt & pepper. Cook until just wilted, 1-2 minutes. Add sherry vinegar and stir to distribute.
- Divide greens and potatoes between plates, and top chickpea patties with a little dollop of smoked paprika aioli. If you have a bit of extra aioli, it’s great on the potatoes too!