Contents of your meal kit:
seasoned chia seed binder
lemon vinaigrette base
Cookware Needed: saucepan, mixing bowl, foil-lined baking sheet, large nonstick skillet, salad bowl
- Preheat oven to 425. Place quinoa in a saucepan, and add enough water to come ¼-inch above the quinoa. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to the lowest setting. Simmer 10-15 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed. When done remove from heat, keep covered, and let sit at least 5 minutes. Continue with next steps.
- In a mixing bowl, combine seasoned chia seed binder with water (see note). Set aside at least 5 minutes.
- On one half of a foil-lined baking sheet, toss carrots with olive oil, HALF of the cumin, salt & pepper. Place chicken on the other side of the baking sheet, and season with remaining cumin, salt & pepper. Once oven has heated, roast for 10 minutes, then toss, and roast another 5-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add cooked quinoa and cauliflower rice to the bowl with the chia seed binder. Mix thoroughly to combine, season generously with salt & pepper, and use your hands to form patties (about 2 per person).
- Heat enough oil to coat the bottom of the nonstick skillet over med-high heat. When oil is hot, place patties into the skillet in one layer (work in batches if necessary). Cook, turning once, 2-4 minutes per side, or until crispy on the exterior and heated through. If needed, add more oil to the pan, or reduce heat if they are browning too fast.
- Pour lemon vinaigrette base into the bottom of your salad bowl and add an equal amount of olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. If this looks like too much dressing, remove some before adding the arugula. Toss gently and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Divide arugula between plates, top with roasted carrots and sliced chicken. Enjoy quinoa patties and herbed-lemon yogurt on the side.
Notes: When mixing water with chia seed binder use: 3 tbsp for 2 portions, 6 tbsp for 4 portions, ¾ cup for 6 portions.