Contents of your meal kit:
butternut squash & carrots
Cookware needed: small or medium saucepan with lid, microwave safe dish (see note), baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Place quinoa in a saucepan, and add enough water to come ¼-inch above the quinoa. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to the lowest setting. Simmer 10-15 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed. When done remove from heat, keep covered, and let sit at least 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- While quinoa is cooking, place squash and carrots in a microwave safe dish (see note), along with 2-4 tablespoons of water. Cover, and microwave for 5 minutes, or until squash and carrots are tender.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain chickpeas.
- When squash and carrots are done, drain, then toss with a drizzle with olive oil, curry powder, chickpeas, and salt to taste. Tip the ingredients onto your baking sheet. Roast in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until squash begins to caramelize and chickpeas are heated through.
- Divide quinoa between serving plates or shallow bowls. Top with the curry-roasted squash & chickpeas. Finish each serving with a dollop of yogurt-cilantro sauce, and serve with lime wedges for squeezing over the top.
Notes: You can complete this meal without the microwave — just roast carrots and butternut squash (tossed with olive oil, salt & pepper) until tender, then add chickpeas and curry powder to the baking sheet, toss and continue roasting another 10 minutes. It will take a little longer – but simplifies cleanup!