Contents of your meal kit:
scallion (white & green separate)
shaved brussels sprouts
green tea salt
Cookware needed: foil-lined baking sheet, medium or large nonstick skillet with lid, salad bowl
- Preheat oven to 425. While oven is heating, slice sunchokes into 1/4-inch medallions. On a foil-lined baking sheet, toss sunchokes with olive oil, salt & pepper. Once oven has heated, roast for 10 minutes, then toss, and roast another 5 minutes. Continue with next steps while sunchokes are roasting.
- Fill the bottom of a nonstick skillet with ½-inch of water. Slice lime, and add to water along with ginger and white part of scallion. Cover and bring to a boil over med-high heat.
- Meanwhile, slice green part of scallion and set aside. Pour sesame-honey dressing into the bottom of your salad bowl. Add brussels sprouts, season with salt & pepper, toss gently and set aside.
- After you toss sunchokes, add salmon to the skillet with boiling water, cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook 5-7 minutes. Check for doneness and use a spatula to carefully lift salmon from skillet.
- When salmon is done, if sunchokes have not browned, turn on broiler and watch carefully until sunchokes are golden and crispy around edges.
- Add mixed greens to the bowl with shaved brussels sprouts and toss gently. Add additional olive oil and salt & pepper as needed.
- Top salmon with a sprinkle of green tea salt and sliced scallion. Serve salad and sunchokes on the side.