Contents of your meal kit:
greek vinaigrette base
herb bundle (dill & mint)
Cookware needed: 2 bowls, small or medium saucepan with lid, medium or large skillet, salad bowl.
- Pour HALF of the greek vinaigrette base into a bowl. Place chicken in the bowl, season with salt & pepper, and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add almonds and onions and cook, stirring frequently, until almonds are golden and onion is translucent. Add rice to saucepan along with stock base and stir well to coat. Add enough water to come 1/4 to 1/3-inch above the rice. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to the lowest setting. Simmer 10-15 minutes, or until all of the water is absorbed. When done remove from heat, keep covered, and let sit at least 5 minutes before serving. Continue with next steps while rice is cooking.
- Make tzatziki — Dice cucumber into ¼-inch pieces. Finely chop garlic and herbs. Combine cucumber, garlic, herbs, and greek yogurt in a bowl. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and season to taste with salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, add chicken to skillet and cook about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Pour remaining half of vinaigrette base into the bottom of your salad bowl and add an equal amount of olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. If this looks like too much dressing, remove some before adding the spinach. Toss gently and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Fluff rice pilaf with a fork, and season with salt & pepper if desired. Divide spinach salad between plates. Slice chicken and arrange on top of salad, adding a dollop of tzatziki to finish. Enjoy rice pilaf on the side.