Contents of your meal kit:
mixed baby squash
pesto vinaigrette base
toasted pine nuts
Cookware needed: outdoor grill (see notes), salad bowl
- Using a damp paper towel, wipe mushrooms of any dirt. Use a spoon to gently scrape out the gills inside the mushroom cap.
- Coat squash and portobello with garlic-balsamic glaze and a little bit of olive oil. Season with salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to med-high. Rinse and drain white beans. Slice tomato into wedges.
- Pour pesto vinaigrette base into the bottom of your salad bowl and add an equal amount of olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. Remove HALF of the dressing and reserve before adding the white beans and tomatoes to the salad bowl. Toss gently and set aside.
- Place vegetables directly onto pre-heated grill (use a sheet of foil if you are worried vegetables will fall through the grates). Cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until done to your liking. Transfer to a plate or cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Toss mixed greens with the beans and tomatoes. Divide between serving plates then top with grilled vegetables, toasted pine nuts, and manchego cheese. Drizzle with reserved pesto vinaigrette to taste.
Notes: A grill pan, skillet, or your oven’s broiler can be used instead of an outdoor grill. Cooking times may vary.