Contents of your meal kit:
yukon gold potatoes
sugar snap peas
Equipment needed: baking sheet, medium saucepan with lid, mixing bowl, medium or large nonstick skillet with lid
- Preheat oven to 425, and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized chunks and place in a saucepan. Cover with water and lid, and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, cook for 7-10 minutes, or until fork tender, reducing heat as necessary. Drain potatoes and return to saucepan. Add butter directly to warm pot with potatoes and smash together to desired texture. Season with salt & pepper, add an extra drizzle of olive oil if desired, and keep warm.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine pork, meatloaf seasoning, and a generous amount of salt & pepper in a mixing bowl. Using your hands, mix well to combine.
- Divide meatloaf mixture equally and shape into small loaves on baking sheet. Place in preheated oven and set a timer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice carrots lengthwise (see note). Trim the stem ends from snap peas, and remove string that runs along the side if desired.
- When 15 minute timer is up on meatloaf, top with tomato jam and return to oven until the rest of meal is done and meatloaf is cooked through.
- While meatloaf finishes cooking, place carrots in a skillet with just enough water to cover the bottom. Place lid on skillet, turn heat to high, and steam 2 minutes. Add snap peas to skillet, return lid, and cook another 2-3 minutes. Uncover, add a drizzle of olive oil, and sauté until water evaporates. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve individual meatloaves alongside smashed potatoes and peas and carrots.
Note: You could peel carrots for a nicer presentation; however, the skin does pack some extra nutrients…your choice.