Contents of your meal kit:
smokey date jam
Equipment needed: salad bowl, microwave-safe bowl, small mixing bowl, oven-safe nonstick skillet (see note)
- Preheat oven to broil. While you are waiting, peel oranges and slice them crosswise. Pour vinaigrette base into the bottom of your salad bowl and add an equal amount olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. Add baby kale, toss gently and season with salt & pepper to taste. Top with sliced citrus.
- Slice fingerling potatoes crosswise into ¼-inch slices. Place in a microwave-safe bowl, along with 2-3 tablespoons of water. Cover with plastic wrap, and poke a few holes to let steam escape. Microwave for 2-3 minutes or until tender, drain.
- While potatoes are cooking, crack eggs into a small mixing bowl and season generously with salt and pepper. Whisk together, and then stir in crumbled goat cheese.
- Heat a small amount of oil in an oven-safe nonstick skillet (see note) over medium heat. When oil is hot, add steamed potatoes and leeks and sauté together 5 minutes or until golden. Pour egg and goat cheese mixture into pan, stir once to combine, then immediately transfer to oven.
- Cook under broiler until puffed and lightly brown (1-3 minutes). You can insert a knife into the center to test for doneness. Slide onto a plate, or let cool slightly to slice and serve directly from skillet.
- Serve frittata topped with smokey date jam. Enjoy kale salad on the side.
Note: Use a small skillet for 2 portions, medium for 4-6. Most skillets are oven safe for a brief amount of time. If yours has a plastic or rubber handle, wrap foil around it to protect. Aren’t sure about putting your pan in the oven? Check the website for an alternative option.