Contents of your meal kit:
basil tahini dressing base
Equipment needed: foil-lined baking sheet, small or medium saucepan, salad bowl
- Preheat oven to 425. Slice bell pepper in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Rub with olive oil, salt & pepper, and place cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Roast for 12-15 minutes.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a saucepan over medium heat. When oil is hot, add leeks, season with salt & pepper and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add quinoa to saucepan, and add enough water to come ¼-inch above the quinoa. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to the lowest setting. Simmer 10-15 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking, slice tomatoes in half and chop olives. Set both aside.
- When quinoa is done remove from heat, keep covered, and let sit at least 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork. Add olives and season with salt & pepper to taste, cover to keep warm.
- Once bell pepper has roasted until tender, transfer to a cutting board and change oven setting to broil.
- Next, firmly pack quinoa mixture into the peppers. Top with crumbled feta, and place back on baking sheet and under broiler until tops have browned.
- Pour tahini dressing base into the bottom of your salad bowl and add an equal amount of olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. If this looks like too much dressing, remove some before adding the greens and tomatoes. Toss gently and season with salt & pepper to taste. Serve alongside stuffed peppers.