Contents of your meal kit:
red pepper flakes
white balsamic vinegar
dry stock base
Cookware needed: medium or large saucepan with lid, baking sheet, nonstick skillet
- Preheat oven to 425. Wash rainbow chard, and set aside on a towel to dry.
- Rinse and drain white beans. Finely chop garlic. Set everything aside.
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized chunks and place in a saucepan. Add water to cover potatoes and place a lid on the saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then cook 7-10 minutes, or until fork tender, reducing heat as necessary. Continue with next steps while potatoes cook.
- Rub salmon with a small amount of oil and season with salt & pepper. Place on baking sheet and roast 10-15 minutes or until done to your liking.
- Meanwhile, remove leaves from the chard stems — do not discard the stems. Slice leaves into ½-inch ribbons and stems into ¼-inch slices. Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over med-high heat. Once hot, sauté stems for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, chard leaves, a pinch of red pepper flakes, and salt & pepper to taste. Sauté 1-2 minutes, or until just wilted. Stir in a splash of white balsamic, and remove from heat.
- When potatoes are done, add beans to the boiling water and cook 30 seconds or so, just to warm them through. Drain potatoes and beans and return to saucepan. Add a big drizzle of olive oil, then mash with a potato masher or fork. Combine stock base with hot tap water (see note). Add some of the stock until mash reaches the desired consistency. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Divide potato & white bean mash between plates, top with sautéed greens. Serve alongside roasted salmon.
Notes: When combining stock base with water, use: ¼ cup for 2 portions, ½ cup for 4 portions, ¾ cup for 6 portions.