Contents of your meal kit:
garlic cashew “cream”
Equipment needed: small saucepan with lid, oven-safe nonstick skillet with lid (see note)
- Place quinoa in a saucepan, and add enough water to come ¼-inch above the quinoa. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to the lowest setting. Simmer 10-15 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed. When done remove from heat, keep covered, and let sit at least 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- Meanwhile, pour 1/3 cup of water into skillet along with the sausage, bring to a simmer, cover, reduce heat to low and steam 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- While sausage is cooking, wipe mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel and slice into ¼-inch thick slices. Pull thyme leaves off the stem. Dice zucchini. Set everything aside. Preheat your oven’s broiler.
- Using the same skillet, wipe clean and heat a small amount of oil over med-high heat. Add onion, zucchini, mushroom, thyme, salt & pepper and cook until vegetables are softened and golden at edges, about 2-3 minutes. Add the kale and cook a minute or so until it just begins to wilt.
- Add the tomatoes and allow to cook another few minutes until heated through. Add cashew “cream” to the skillet and stir to warm thoroughly and combine it with the vegetables. Stir in cooked quinoa and season with salt & pepper to taste. Spread mixture evenly across the skillet and top with cheese.
- Place skillet under broiler, along with sausages (on a small piece of foil, or baking sheet). Broil until cheese is bubbly and melted, and sausges are browned on exterior.
Notes: Use a medium skillet for 2 portions, large skillet for 4-6. Most skillets are oven safe for a brief amount of time. If yours has a plastic or rubber handle, wrap foil around it to protect.