Contents of your meal kit:
shaved brussels sprouts
Cookware needed: saucepan with lid, medium or large nonstick skillet with lid
- Cut sweet potato into bite-sized chunks and place in saucepan along with the garlic. Add enough water to cover the potatoes and place lid on the saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, cook for 7-10 minutes, or until fork tender, reducing heat as necessary. When done, drain sweet potatoes and return to saucepan.
- Remove rosemary leaves from their stems by holding the sprig upright with one hand, and using other hand to pull down against the direction the leaves are growing. Leaves will pull off as you slide your fingers down. Coarsely chop and add to the saucepan with sweet potatoes. Roughly smash with a potato masher or a fork and season with salt & pepper. If they seem dry, add a drizzle of olive oil or a pat of butter. Cover and keep warm.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Season both sides of pork with salt & pepper. When oil is hot, add pork and cook 1-2 minutes to brown each side. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Keep skillet over med-high heat, and add a bit more oil if needed. Toss the shaved brussels sprouts into the skillet, and cook 2-3 minutes or until edges are caramelized. Add lemon-caper sauce and water (see note). Cover and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pork back to the skillet with the brussels sprouts and simmer 2-3 minutes uncovered, to reduce sauce, and finish cooking the pork.
- Divide brussels sprouts between plates. Slice pork and place on top of the brussels sprouts. Finish by drizzling with any lemon-caper sauce remaining in the skillet. Enjoy sweet potatoes on the side.
Notes: When recipe calls for water, add ½ cup for 2 portion, 1 cup for 4 portion, 1 ½ cup for 6 portion.