Contents of your meal kit:
kumquat vinaigrette base
Cookware needed: mixing bowl, oven-safe nonstick skillet (see note), salad bowl
- Heat a small amount of oil in an oven-safe nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season both sides of chicken with salt & pepper. Cook about 5 minutes per side. Continue with next steps while chicken is cooking.
- Rinse the head of salanova lettuce, shake off excess water, and turn upside down on a towel to dry.
- Preheat your oven’s broiler. Thinly slice sunchokes, and set aside.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and season generously with salt & pepper. Whisk together. Add gruyere and stir.
- When chicken is cooked through, transfer to a cutting board. Add a little more oil to skillet if needed, and increase heat med-high. Add sliced sunchokes and season with salt & pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and tender, about 5 minutes. Add spinach to the skillet and stir until just wilted.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet, stir once to combine, then immediately transfer to oven. Cook under broiler until puffed in center and lightly brown, 1-3 minutes. Insert a knife into the center to test for doneness. If frittata is browning quickly, but not cooked through, cover with foil and return to the broiler to continue cooking.
- When done, slide onto a plate, or let cool slightly to slice and serve directly from skillet.
- Pour vinaigrette base into the bottom of a salad bowl, add an equal amount of olive oil and whisk or mix with a fork to combine. Thinly slice asian pear and add to the bowl. Cut off the stem/root end of the salanova and then transfer the greens to your salad bowl, toss to combine and season with salt & pepper to taste. Serve the salad topped with sliced chicken alongside the frittata.
Note: Use a small skillet for 2 portions, medium for 4/6 portions. Most skillets are oven safe for a brief amount of time. If yours has a plastic or rubber handle, wrap foil around it to protect. Aren’t sure about putting yours in the oven? Check the website for an alternative option.