Contents of your meal kit:
miso-honey vinaigrette base
Cookware needed: medium or large nonstick skillet, microwave-safe bowl, salad bowl
- Rinse the whole head of salanova lettuce, shake off excess water, and turn upside down on a towel to dry. Peel tangerine and separate into segments. Cut each segment in half. Remove seeds if needed, they should be nearly seedless. Set aside.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Season both sides of chicken with salt & pepper. When oil is hot, add chicken to skillet and cook about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from skillet, and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add tangerine segments to hot skillet and sauté over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once tangerines have lost their shape, add ginger-scallion sauce and an equal amount of water. Simmer until slightly syrupy, remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, transfer brown rice to a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30-second intervals until hot.
- Pour miso-honey vinaigrette base into the bottom of your salad bowl and add an equal amount of olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. Cut off the stem/root end of the salanova and then add the greens to your salad bowl along with edamame, toss to combine and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Thinly slice chicken. Divide brown rice between plates, top with chicken, and pour orange sauce over the top. Enjoy salad on the side.