Contents of your meal kit:
bell pepper & onion mix
chili spice blend
honey-dijon dressing base
baby romaine mix
cilantro-lime yogurt sauce
Cookware needed: medium or large saucepan, salad bowl
- Rinse and drain black beans, set aside.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a saucepan over med-high heat. When oil is hot, add bell pepper & onion mix. Season with salt & pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and slightly golden.
- Next, add ground turkey and use a spoon or spatula to break up the meat as it cooks. When turkey is no longer pink, add the chili spice blend and continue cooking 30 seconds. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add beans to the saucepan along with crushed tomatoes and water (see note). Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and continue simmering, 10 minutes. When finished, taste the chili and add salt & pepper if desired.
- Pour dressing base into the bottom of your salad bowl and add an equal amount of olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. If this looks like too much dressing, remove some before adding the greens. Toss gently and season with salt & pepper to taste. Sprinkle with pepitas.
- Serve chili in bowls topped with a dollop of the cilantro-lime yogurt sauce. Enjoy the salad on the side.
- When recipe calls for water, use the following: 1 cup for 2 portions, 2 cups for 4 portions, 3 cups for 6 portions.
- If you like your chili spicy, add a dash of hot sauce, or a pinch of red pepper flakes. We’ve added a little bit of heat to our chili spice blend…but wouldn’t be offended if you wanted to go five-alarm here!