Contents of your meal kit:
ginger sauce starter
Equipment needed: saucepan with lid, mixing bowl, medium-large nonstick skillet
- Fill saucepan with water, cover and bring to a boil. When boiling, add noodles and cook for about 10 min or until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
- Meanwhile, trim ends of snowpeas and slice into thin strips. Rinse mushrooms, pat dry, and slice.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, meatball seasoning, salt & pepper. Keep a small bowl of water near you, and with wet hands, roll heaping tablespoons of the mixture into meatballs. Continue to keep hands damp to keep the meat from sticking to your fingers.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over med-high heat. When oil is hot, add mushrooms and red pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until peppers are tender. Transfer vegetables to a cutting board or dish.
- In the same skillet, working in batches if necessary, add the meatballs and cook 5-6 minutes, turning occasionally to brown on all sides. Add ginger sauce starter and an equal amount of water to the hot skillet moving the meatballs around in the sauce to coat them. Cover, and let them cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, periodically moving them around the skillet.
- Transfer meatballs to a cutting board or dish, leaving the sauce in the skillet. Add noodles, sautéed vegetables, and snow peas to the skillet. Toss everything to coat with sauce and reheat.
- Divide noodle and vegetable mixture between bowls. Top with meatballs and sesame seeds.
Notes: This recipe is a great one for using up any leftover vegetables you have in the fridge. Go ahead, get creative!