Contents of your meal kit:
caesar dressing base
Cookware needed: 2 baking sheets, medium to large skillet (or grill pan), small bowl
- Preheat oven to 400. Wash broccolini and trim ends as needed.
- To make frico, line a baking sheet with parchment and place tablespoon scoops of cheese onto the parchment, leaving 3-4 inches in between. Pat down to form 2 to 3-inch rounds. On a second baking sheet, toss broccolini with oil, season with salt & pepper and chili flakes. Place both baking sheets in the oven and bake 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is lightly golden and the broccolini is tender to your liking and slightly charred.
- Continue with next steps while frico and broccolini are in the oven:
- Slice romaine in half lengthwise and rinse under cold water. Place cut side down on a towel to dry.
- Pat the chicken dry, season with salt & pepper.
- Brush the cut side of the romaine with oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Once the cheese crisps are done, remove baking sheet from oven and allow them to cool on the pan.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet or grill pan over medium heat. When oil is hot, cook chicken about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Turn heat up to med-high and place the romaine hearts cut side down in the hot skillet or grill pan for about 1 minute, or until edges begin to brown.
- Cut chicken, broccolini, and romaine into bite size pieces. Divide evenly between serving plates. Pour caesar dressing base into a small bowl and add just a drizzle of olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. Drizzle dressing over the top of the salads, and top with parmesan frico.
Note: Frico are Italian cheese crisps. They add a perfect salty crunch to this salad, and will make you look SO fancy!