Contents of your meal kit:
cinnamon balsamic vinaigrette base
Cookware needed: medium or large skillet, baking sheet, salad bowl
- Preheat oven to 450.
- On a baking sheet, toss butternut squash with olive oil and generously season with salt & pepper.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over high heat. Season both sides of chicken with salt & pepper. When oil is hot, add chicken to skillet and cook about 1-2 minutes per side or until exterior is golden brown. Transfer to baking sheet with butternut squash.
- Once oven has heated, roast squash and chicken for 10 minutes, then toss, and roast another 5-10 minutes, until squash is tender and caramelized and chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, core and thinly slice the apple.
- When the squash and chicken are ready, pour vinaigrette base into the bottom of your salad bowl and add an equal amount of olive oil. (see note.) Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. If this looks like too much dressing, remove some before adding the greens and sliced apple. Toss gently and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Chop chicken into large chunks.
- Divide salad between plates and top with chicken, warm butternut squash, onion, crumbled goat cheese, walnuts, and pomegranate seeds.
Note: Adding cinnamon to the vinaigrette base results in a slightly gelatinous final product. Don’t worry…it will thin once you add olive oil and will coat the greens nicely.