Contents of your meal kit
onion & jalapeno mix
curry spice blend
indian-spiced vinaigrette base
Cookware needed: medium or large nonstick skillet with lid, mixing bowl, salad bowl
- Roughly chop the cilantro. Rinse and drain chickpeas. Open canned tomatoes. Set everything aside.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, add HALF of the onion & jalapeno mix and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the curry spice blend to the skillet and sauté about 30 seconds to incorporate. Add canned tomatoes and season with salt & pepper. Cover and simmer, reducing the heat as necessary.
- Meanwhile, combine chickpeas, chickpea flour, remaining onion-jalapeno mix, HALF of the cilantro, a heavy drizzle of olive oil, and salt & pepper in a mixing bowl. Add water (see note) until a thick paste the consistency of biscuit dough is formed.
- Add chickpea dumplings to the simmering tomato sauce by the spoonful, leaving space between each dumpling (should make about 2-3 per person). Cover and steam 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer to reduce sauce.
- Meanwhile, pour vinaigrette base into the bottom of your salad bowl and add an equal amount of olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. If this looks like too much dressing, remove some before adding the greens. Toss gently and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Divide the chickpea dumplings and curried tomatoes between plates, top with a dollop of yogurt and remaining cilantro. Enjoy the salad on the side.
Note: When the recipe calls for water add the following: 2-3 tbsp for 2 portion, 5-6 tbsp for 4 portion, 8-9 tbsp for 6 portion