Contents of your meal kit:
french green lentils
citrus vinaigrette base
chorizo spice blend
Cookware needed: medium or large saucepan (with lid), medium or large nonstick skillet
- Place lentils in a saucepan and cover with water by about 1 or 2 inches. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat as needed and simmer about 20 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice radish.
- Once lentils are tender, drain any excess water.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over med-high heat. When oil is hot, add onion and sauté until onion becomes soft and lightly golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour vinaigrette base into the bottom of your salad bowl and add an equal amount of olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. If this looks like too much dressing, remove some before adding the arugula, sliced radish, pickled onion and feta. Toss gently and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Add chorizo spice blend and lentils to the skillet. Stir to coat lentils with spices and continue to cook 1-2 minutes or until spices are fragrant. Season to taste with salt and remove from heat.
- Just before serving, heat tortillas. If you have a gas stove, you can place tortillas directly over the burner and turn with tongs. Don’t step away…they char quickly. Alternatively, warm in a dry skillet, or in the microwave.
- Fill tortillas with chorizo-spiced lentils. Top tacos with some of the arugula salad and enjoy any remaining salad on the side.