Contents of your meal kit
creamy tahini soup base
toasted sesame & kale crunch
Cookware needed: large saucepan or stockpot (with lid), mixing bowl, microwave-safe bowl, microplane or box grater
- Place squash cut-side down and slice crosswise into ½-inch pieces. (The skin is tender and completely edible.)
- Place squash and carrots in the bottom of a large saucepan or stockpot. Cover with water (see notes), place a lid on top and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat as needed and simmer vegetables for 5-10 minutes or until completely tender.
- When squash and carrots are done, turn off the burner. Transfer the creamy tahini soup base into a small mixing bowl. Ladle some of the cooking water from the vegetables into the mixing bowl and whisk or stir well to combine, adding more water until you have a thin consistency.
- Pour the soup base mixture back into the saucepan or stockpot with the water and vegetables. Stir gently to combine. Taste the broth and add salt & pepper if desired. Cover to keep warm.
- Transfer brown rice to a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30-second intervals until hot.
- Divide brown rice and kale between serving bowls, then ladle the soup over the top.
- Finish each bowl with a little grated lime zest (see notes), a squeeze of lime, and a sprinkle of toasted sesame & kale crunch.
- When recipe calls for water, use: 2.5 cups for 2 portions, 5 cups for 4 portions, 7 cups for 6 portions
- To remove lime zest use a microplane, or small side of a grater to remove just the bright green part of the peel.