Contents of your meal kit:
balsamic vinaigrette base
cider pan sauce starter
Cookware needed: foil-lined baking sheet, oven-safe skillet (see note), salad bowl
- Preheat oven to 425. Trim stem end of green beans. On a foil-lined baking sheet, toss romanesco and green beans with olive oil, salt & pepper. Once oven has heated, place the baking sheet in the oven.
- As soon as the vegetables go into the oven, heat a small amount of oil in an oven-safe skillet over high heat. Season both sides of chicken with salt & pepper. When oil is hot, add chicken to skillet and cook the first side about 1-2 minutes or until just golden brown. Flip, place thyme sprigs on top of chicken, and transfer skillet to the oven with vegetables. Set a 10 minute timer.
- Wash and slice fig(s). Pour vinaigrette base into the bottom of your salad bowl and add an equal amount of olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. If this looks like too much dressing, remove some before adding the greens. Toss gently and season with salt & pepper to taste. Top with sliced figs and crumbled blue cheese.
- When the timer is up, check the chicken and vegetables. When vegetables are tender, remove from oven and keep warm. When chicken is cooked through, transfer to a plate and set the skillet on a burner over med-high heat.
- Pour the pan sauce starter into the hot skillet along with twice as much water. Use a spoon to scrape up the brown bits on the bottom of the skillet, and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Slice chicken, divide between plates and drizzle with pan sauce. Enjoy roasted vegetables and salad on the side.
- Romanesco is the spikey chartreuse green cousin of cauliflower. It’s unique, simple to prepare, and tastes great!
- Most skillets are oven safe for a brief amount of time. If yours has a plastic or rubber handle, wrap foil around it to protect. Aren’t sure about putting yours in the oven…transfer to a baking pan instead.