Contents of your meal kit
house-made poultry seasoning
cinnamon vinaigrette base
white wine sauce starter
Cookware needed: baking sheet, medium or large nonstick skillet, salad bowl
- Preheat oven to 400. Rinse the whole head of salanova lettuce, shake off excess water, and turn upside down on a towel to dry. Thinly slice fennel, set aside.
- Trim the stem ends off the squash and cut in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out seeds and discard. Place cut side down and slice crosswise into ½-inch pieces. (The skin is very tender and completely edible.)
- On a baking sheet, toss squash with olive oil, salt & pepper. Once oven has heated, roast for 10 minutes, then toss, and roast another 5-10 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, season both sides of chicken with salt & poultry seasoning. Heat a small amount of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken about 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, pour vinaigrette base into the bottom of your salad bowl and add an equal amount of olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. Slice grapes in half and add to bowl along with fennel. Cut off the stem/root end of the salanova and then add the greens to your salad bowl, toss to combine and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- When chicken is done, transfer to a cutting board. Add white wine sauce starter and a few tablespoons of water to the hot skillet to “deglaze.” Simmer a minute or so until the sauce is reduced. (If you’re feeling indulgent, you could swirl a pat of butter into the sauce at the very end.)
- Slice the chicken, divide between plates and spoon some of the pan sauce over each portion. Enjoy the roasted squash and salad on the side.