Contents of your meal kit:
smokey date jam
Cookware needed: salad bowl, microwave-safe bowl, mixing bowl, oven-safe nonstick skillet (see note)
- Preheat oven to broil. Pour vinaigrette base into the bottom of your salad bowl and add an equal amount olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. Add baby kale, toss gently and season with salt & pepper to taste. Top with toasted walnuts.
- Slice fingerling potatoes crosswise into ¼-inch slices. Place in a microwave-safe bowl, with 2-3 tablespoons of water. Cover with plastic wrap, and poke a few holes to let steam escape. Microwave 2-3 minutes or until tender, drain.
- While potatoes are cooking, crack eggs into a mixing bowl and season generously with salt and pepper. Whisk together, and then stir in cheddar cheese.
- Heat a small amount of oil in an oven-safe nonstick skillet (see note) over medium heat. When oil is hot, add steamed potatoes and sliced leeks. Sauté 5 minutes or until golden. Pour egg and cheese mixture into skillet, stir once to combine, then immediately transfer to oven.
- Cook under broiler until puffed in center and lightly brown, 1-3 minutes. Insert a knife into the center to test for doneness. If frittata is browning quickly but not cooked through, cover with foil and return to the broiler.
- When done, slide frittata onto a plate, or let cool slightly to slice and serve directly from skillet. Enjoy frittata topped with smokey date jam (see note). Serve kale salad on the side.
- Use a small skillet for 2 portions, medium for 4-6. Most skillets are oven safe for a brief amount of time. If yours has a plastic or rubber handle, wrap foil around it to protect. Aren’t sure about putting your pan in the oven? Check the website for an alternative option.
- Please be aware that while we try to get them all, there may be some pits in the date jam!