Contents of your meal kit:
dry stock base
sierra gold potatoes
red pepper flakes
white balsamic vinegar
Equipment needed: medium or large saucepan, baking sheet, nonstick skillet
- Preheat oven to 425. Rinse and drain white beans, finely chop garlic, and slice rainbow chard into ½-inch ribbons. Combine stock base with water (see note). Set everything aside.
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized chunks and place in a saucepan. Cover with water and lid, and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, cook for 7-10 minutes, or until fork tender, reducing heat as necessary.
- Meanwhile, rub salmon with a small amount of oil and season with salt & pepper. Place on baking sheet and roast 10 -15 minutes or until done to your liking.
- When potatoes are done, add beans to the boiling water and cook 30 seconds or so, just to warm them through. Drain potatoes and beans and return to saucepan. Add a big drizzle of olive oil, then mash with a potato masher or fork. Add some of the stock until mash reaches the desired consistency. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over med-high heat. Once hot, sauté garlic for 30 seconds. Add chard, red pepper flakes, and salt & pepper to taste. Sauté 1-2 minutes, or until just wilted. Add a splash of white balsamic to the skillet, and stir through. Remove from heat.
- Divide potato & white bean mash between plates, top with sautéed greens. Serve alongside roasted salmon.
Notes: When recipe calls for combining stock base with water, use the following amounts: ¼ cup for 2 portions, ½ cup for 4 portions, ¾ cup for 6 portions.