Contents of your meal kit:
Italian soup base
red wine vinaigrette base
sun dried tomato pesto
Cookware needed: large saucepan or stockpot, salad bowl
- Begin by prepping a few ingredients for the soup.
- finely chop garlic
- trim stem ends of green beans and cut green beans in half
- cut squash in half lengthwise, then slice crosswise into 1/3-inch pieces
- dice tomato into ½-inch pieces
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large saucepan or stockpot over med-high heat. When oil is hot, add ground turkey and season with salt & pepper. Cook until turkey is no longer pink. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
- Add onion and sauté 2-3 minutes. When onion is golden, add chopped garlic to the saucepan and continue cooking 30-60 seconds longer. Add water (see note), and Italian soup base then bring to a boil over high heat.
- When soup is boiling, add ground turkey back to the soup along with green beans, squash, and tomato. Return to a simmer, cover and reduce heat to keep at a medium simmer.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain white beans. Remove basil leaves from the stem, and then stack the leaves together, roll them up, and slice across into thin ribbons. Pour vinaigrette base into the bottom of your salad bowl and add an equal amount of olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. If this looks like too much dressing, remove some before adding the greens and white beans. Toss gently and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- The soup is ready as soon as the vegetables are tender to your liking. Taste and add additional salt & pepper if needed. Divide between serving bowls and top each serving with basil and a dollop of sun dried tomato pesto.
Notes: When recipe calls for water, use the following: 2 cups for 2 portions, 4 cups for 4 portions, 6 cups for 6 portions