Contents of your meal kit:
caesar vinaigrette base
Cookware needed: medium or large nonstick skillet with lid, salad bowl,
- Heat a small amount of oil in a nonstick skillet over med-high heat. When oil is hot, add carrots and season with salt & pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Add carrot-orange juice and thyme sprigs, cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season both sides of tilapia with salt & pepper. Set aside.
- When carrots are done, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to a serving bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Add tilapia to the pan with the carrot-orange juice. Cover and steam 2-3 minutes. Remove lid, turn heat up to high and reduce carrot-orange juice until syrupy, turning tilapia to coat with carrot-orange glaze. (If the tilapia appears to be done before the glaze has reduced, remove from the pan then continue to reduce glaze.) Pour glaze over the top of the tilapia before serving.
- Pour vinaigrette base into the bottom of your salad bowl and add an equal amount of olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. If this looks like too much dressing, remove some before adding the greens and pecorino cheese. Toss gently and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Top carrots with almond gremolata, and serve alongside the tilapia and caesar dressed spinach.