Contents of your meal kit:
sausage seasoning blend
mustard vinaigrette base
Cookware needed: saucepan with lid, baking dish, nonstick skillet, salad bowl
- Preheat oven to 450. Using a damp paper towel, wipe mushrooms of any dirt. Then chop into small pieces. Season ground turkey with sausage seasoning blend, salt & pepper. Form into patties.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a saucepan over med-high heat. When oil is hot, add onion, sage, and mushrooms. Season with salt & pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the edges of mushrooms are crispy and golden. Add quinoa and water (see note) to saucepan, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, cut squash lengthwise and place cut side down on a microwave-safe plate (or baking dish). Cook in microwave for 5-7 minutes, until fork tender inside. Let cool for approximately 5 minutes. Use a spoon to scoop the seeds out of the squash halves. When quinoa is done, fluff with a fork and mix in walnuts and cranberries.
- Rub squash all over with olive oil, salt & pepper. Place in a baking dish, and scoop the filling into the squash, packing it tightly, and mounding the top slightly. Crumble feta over the top and bake 8 minutes.
- While squash is in the oven, heat a small amount of oil in a nonstick skillet, over medium heat. When pan is hot, add turkey patties, and cook about 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Pour vinaigrette base into the bottom of your salad bowl and add an equal amount of olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. If this looks like too much dressing, remove some before adding the greens. Toss gently and season with salt & pepper to taste. Enjoy stuffed squash and turkey patties, with salad on the side. (P.S. – the skin of the delicata squash is completely edible.)
Note: When recipe calls for water, use the following: 1 cup for 2 portions, 2 cups for 4 portions, 3 cups for 6 portions.