Contents of your meal kit:
white balsamic vin. base
Cookware needed: mixing bowl, outdoor grill (see note), salad bowl
- Cut peach in half and remove the pit. Rub a little oil on each half, set aside.
- Finely chop portobello. In a mixing bowl, combine mushrooms, ground beef, patty seasoning, and a generous amount of salt & pepper. Divide into equal sized patties. When forming patties, press an indentation into the center. This helps the burgers cook evenly. Season outside with additional salt & pepper if desired. (These burgers are delicate, so you may want to lightly oil the surface of the patties, or try cooking on a piece of foil.)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. While grill heats, prepare the burger fixings. Cut pita bread in half, slice tomato, reserve a handful of arugula for the burgers, and set out the dijon for spreading on the pita. (Feel free to include anything else you enjoy on your burgers).
- When grill is ready, place peaches cut-side down on one half of the grill. Cook until grill marks appear and the peach begins to soften. Meanwhile, on the other side of the grill, cook burger patties 3-6 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. When finished, transfer burgers to a plate and briefly warm pita bread on the grill.
- Cut peaches into quarters for the salad. Pour vinaigrette base into the bottom of your salad bowl and add an equal amount of olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. If this looks like too much dressing, remove some before adding the arugula. Toss gently and season with salt & pepper to taste. Divide arugula between plates and top with peaches and crumbled blue cheese.
- Slide burger patties into the pita and top with fixings. Enjoy the arugula salad with grilled peaches on the side.
Notes: A grill pan, skillet, or your oven’s broiler can be used instead of an outdoor grill. Cooking times may vary.