Contents of your meal kit:
sherry vinaigrette base
Cookware needed: baking sheet, mixing bowl, medium or large nonstick skillet, salad bowl
- Preheat oven to 400. Slice bell pepper into ¼-inch pieces. Toss with onions on a baking sheet, along with olive oil, salt & pepper. Place in the preheated oven, and set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine ground beef with all or some of chistorra spices (see note) along with a bit of salt & pepper. Use your hands to roll into golf ball sized meatballs. Set aside.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place meatballs in pan, leaving space between each meatball. Turn every minute or so until all sides have browned thoroughly.
- When the 10 minute timer is up, transfer meatballs to the baking sheet with the onions & peppers, continue to roast five minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain chickpeas. Use a paper towel to wipe out the pan you used for the meatballs, and add a very small amount of oil. Heat again over med-high heat and add the chickpeas. Season with salt & pepper and sauté about 3-4 minutes, until they begin to turn golden brown.
- Pour vinaigrette base into the bottom of a salad bowl along with an equal amount of olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. Add spinach, grated carrot, and toasted chickpeas to the bowl. Toss gently.
- Divide onions & peppers between plates and top with chistorra-spiced meatballs. Enjoy the spinach salad on the side.
Notes: Chistorra spices are similar to flavors in chorizo — smokey and garlicy, but not very spicy/hot at all.