Contents of your meal kit:
bell peppers & onion mix
lemony pickled beets
Cookware needed: foil-lined baking sheet, large nonstick skillet with lid, mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 450. Trim the stem end of green beans if needed, then on a foil-lined baking sheet, toss with olive oil, salt & pepper. Once oven has heated, roast for 10 minutes, then toss, sprinkle with almonds, and roast another 5 minutes or until green beans are lightly charred and tender.
- Meanwhile, trim stem from eggplant, and cut into 1/3-inch dice.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add ground turkey, and bell pepper & onion mix. Season with salt & pepper, cook 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender and turkey is no longer pink.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add eggplant & caponata base. Cover and cook 5 minutes, then uncover and simmer about 3 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- When green beans and almonds are done, toss in a mixing bowl with lemony pickled beets and their liquid. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Using the same baking sheet, remove foil and place flatbreads in a single layer (use a second baking sheet if needed), poke holes into flatbread using a fork. Bake for 3-5 minutes until golden and toasted on the bottom. Flip the flatbreads, top with turkey & eggplant caponata, sprinkle with goat cheese and return to oven for another 3-5 minutes.
- Cut flatbreads in half or into quarters and serve with roasted green bean & beet salad.