Contents of your meal kit:
sherry vinaigrette base
five spice mix
Cookware needed: foil-lined baking sheet, salad bowl, medium or large nonstick skillet
- Preheat oven to 425. Cut pear into thin wedges and remove any stem/core/seeds. On a foil-lined baking sheet, toss pears & parsnips with olive oil, ground ginger, salt & pepper. Top with thyme sprigs, and roast 10 minutes, then toss and roast another 5 minutes.
- While pears and parsnips are roasting, thinly slice kohlrabi. Stack slices and cut across into matchsticks. Pour vinaigrette base into the bottom of your salad bowl and add an equal amount of olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. Add kohlrabi, and toss to coat with vinaigrette. Set aside.
- When 5 minutes remain on the pears & parsnips, heat a nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Season pork with five spice mix, salt & pepper, then rub with a small amount of oil. When skillet is hot, add pork and cook 2-3 minutes per side. The spice mix will give a deep brown color to the pork. Set pork aside to rest.
- Toss the salad greens with kohlrabi and vinaigrette. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Thinly slice pork and divide between serving plates. Enjoy kohlrabi salad and roasted pear & parsnip on the side.