Contents of your meal kit:
red wine vinaigrette base
Cookware needed: shallow dish, foil-lined baking sheet, medium or large nonstick skillet (with lid), salad bowl
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place swordfish in a shallow dish. Season both sides with salt & pepper, and coat with herb marinate. Set aside.
- On a foil-lined baking sheet, toss carrots with olive oil, salt & pepper. Once oven has heated, roast for 10 minutes, then toss, and roast another 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel citrus and separate into segments. Set aside
- After tossing carrots, heat a small amount of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, add fish and cook 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Gently turn fish with a spatula, place lid on the skillet, and cook another 3-5 minutes depending on thickness. Test fish for doneness, then remove from heat
- Pour vinaigrette base into the bottom of your salad bowl and add an equal amount of olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine. If this looks like too much dressing, remove some before adding the greens. Toss gently and season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with orange segments and chopped almonds.
- Divide fish between serving plates, and serve the roasted carrots and salad on the side.