Contents of your meal kit:
lemon-herb vinaigrette base
sliced red onion
herb bundle (mint & parsley)
Cookware needed: salad bowl, nonstick skillet
- Pour vinaigrette base into the bottom of your salad bowl and add an equal amount of olive oil. Whisk or mix with a fork to combine.
- Slice cucumber lengthwise, and then thinly crosswise. Slice kalamata olives in half or roughly chop. Add cucumber, olives, and sliced red onion to salad bowl with vinaigrette. Toss to coat.
- Pull herb leaves from their stems, and then roughly chop or tear into salad bowl.
- Wash and slice heirloom tomato into thick slices and divide between serving plates. Season with salt & pepper.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt & pepper and cook about 5 minutes per side. When cooked through, transfer chicken to a cutting board and wipe out skillet.
- Pat halloumi slices dry with a paper towel, add a little more oil to the hot skillet and then add sliced halloumi in one layer. Cook 30-60 seconds per side or until well browned.
- While halloumi is browning, add greens to salad bowl and toss gently with vegetables and vinaigrette. Divide evenly between serving plates, piling directly on top of tomato slices.
- Top salads with chicken and griddled halloumi. Dig in with a knife and fork, and enjoy!
Notes: Halloumi cheese originates from Cyprus. It has a higher-than-normal melting point, making it ideal for grilling and frying. The cheese is aged in brine, yielding a salty, dry cheese with a distinctive “squeek” when you bite into it. You may notice some dark flecks in the cheese; this is mint.