Contents of your meal kit:
red pepper flakes
Cookware needed: outdoor grill (see note)
- Preheat grill to med-high heat.
- Cut tomato into thick slices. Sprinkle with a little salt and set aside. Pull basil leaves from stems.
- Slice eggplant and zucchini lengthwise into ¼-inch slices. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Season both sides of chicken with red pepper flakes, salt & pepper and rub with olive oil. When grill is hot, cook chicken about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- At the same time, on the other side of the grill, cook zucchini & eggplant about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from grill when you see some nice grill marks and the vegetables are tender. Transfer to a serving plate and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- When chicken is cooked through, top each piece with sliced tomato, whole basil leaves, and a slice of mozzarella. Close the grill lid and allow the cheese to melt before carefully removing chicken from the grill with a spatula. If you have any leftover tomato slices and basil, add them to the platter with your grilled vegetables before serving.
- Transfer chicken to serving plates, and enjoy the grilled vegetables on the side.
Note: A grill pan, skillet, or your oven’s broiler can be used instead of an outdoor grill. Cooking times may vary.