Contents of your meal kit:
mexican soup base
mexican caesar dressing
peas & corn
Cookware needed: medium or large saucepan with lid, salad bowl
- Measure water (see note below) and keep on hand next to the stove.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a saucepan over med-high heat. Season both sides of chicken with salt & pepper. When oil is hot, cook chicken on both sides just long enough to brown the exterior, then transfer to a plate. (You will continue cooking chicken later.)
- Add a bit more oil to the saucepan if necessary, and sauté onion until softened. Add mexican soup base and cook stirring constantly for 30 seconds. Add water measured in step 1, stir to combine, and bring to boil. Add chicken to boiling broth and return to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat as needed, and simmer 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Continue with next steps while chicken is cooking.
- Chop cilantro and thinly slice radish, set aside.
- Place kale in a salad bowl, add mexican caesar dressing and toss to combine. Taste and season with salt & pepper as needed.
- When cooked through, remove chicken from the saucepan using tongs or a slotted spoon. Transfer to a cutting board. Add brown rice, peas & corn to the saucepan and continue to simmer another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use 2 forks to shred the chicken and divide between serving bowls.
- Taste soup and season with salt & pepper. Ladle into bowls and top with cabbage, a squeeze of lime, radish, and cilantro. Enjoy the salad on the side.
Notes: When recipe calls for water use: 3 cups for 2 portions, 6 cups for 4 portions, or 9 cups for 6 portions.