Contents of your meal kit:
red bell pepper
white balsamic vinegar
Cookware needed: baking sheet (foil-lined optional), medium or large skillet
- Preheat oven to 425. Cut sweet potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, salt & pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, flip then roast an additional 10 minutes or until tender and golden brown. Continue with next steps while sweet potatoes are roasting.
- Using a damp paper towel, gently wipe mushrooms of any dirt. Trim stems and cut into quarters. Thinly slice bell pepper. Set both aside.
- Toast pecans in dry skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent burning. When pecans are fragrant and slightly toasted, remove from heat and transfer to a cutting board.
- Once you flip the sweet potatoes, heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté mushrooms and rosemary sprig until mushrooms begin to soften and are slightly browned, about 3-4 minutes. Discard rosemary sprig and transfer mushrooms to cutting board with pecans.
- Return skillet to the burner over medium heat, add a little more oil if needed. Add sliced bell pepper to the skillet and season with salt & pepper. Sauté 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- When bell pepper is tender, add baby kale to the skillet and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Sauté about 1 minute, or until wilted but still green. Drizzle with vinegar and toss to combine.
- Divide peppers & greens between bowls, and top with sweet potatoes. Roughly chop mushrooms & pecans, and combine with dates. Spoon on top of the sweet potatoes. Enjoy!