Contents of your meal kit:
zeigler’s fresh kielbasa
creamy dijon dressing
Cookware needed: saucepan with a lid, medium or large skillet with a lid, baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and place in a saucepan along with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until tender when pierced with a knife. Drain and return to warm saucepan. Continue with next steps while potatoes are cooking.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over med-high heat. When oil is hot, add sliced red onion and season with salt & pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Add 1/3 cup of water to the skillet along with the kielbasa, bring to a simmer, cover, reduce heat to low and steam 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim the stem ends off of the green beans and toss on a baking sheet with olive oil, salt & pepper. Roast 10-15 minutes.
- When kielbasa has steamed for 10-15 minutes, remove lid and transfer sausage to a plate. Return heat to med-high and continue cooking until water has mostly evaporated, and onions are caramelized. Transfer onions to the saucepan with potatoes.
- Return sausage to the hot skillet and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, browning on all sides.
- Toss potatoes and onion with creamy dijon dressing. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Serve kielbasa with roasted green beans and potato salad. Squeeze a bit of lemon over the entire plate just before serving. Enjoy!